Monday, March 26, 2012

Now I have to read the book....

I went to the theater this weekend to see "The Hunger Games".  I was one of the few in the group that has not already read the book, so this was completely fresh to me.  I have to say that I really liked it and can recommend it.  No, I do not think there were any Oscar winning performances there, but I do believe that all of the actors hit their marks well.  Woody Harrelson did an excellent job and Donald Sutherland showed that he can quietly play malevolent evil frighteningly well.  I was entertained and engaged for two hours, which is what I look for in a movie.  I also enjoyed talking to the others about the books afterwards.  So, in a turning of the tables, I am now borrowing a book from my daughter's collection, instead of the reverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment