Sunday, June 10, 2012

I guess he wanted three hots and a cot...

 So I am looking for final results on recent elections in California (I always wait until all the votes are in) and I see the headline below:

Burglar tries to break in Judge Lillian Sing's car
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/06/09/BADI1OVAHM.DTL#ixzz1xRFHF2xd

Short story: Guy goes into court after failing in his current probation conditions, the judge lets him go with a warning.  He exits the building, breaks into a car in front of two cops (the same crime has was already in court for) and the car turns out to belong to the judge who just cut him a break.  

If that was written into a an episode of Justified or Law & Order, everyone would go "yea, right, that'll happen."  And yet, here we have both a "lesson to the bench" and a "You can't make this shit up" moment all rolled into one.  I wonder if the next judge will let him off with a warning too?  I guess it may depend on where they parked...

No comments:

Post a Comment