Monday, September 29, 2014

Was this trip really necessary?

Friday I am notified that we have a court hearing on Monday to discuss my step-daughter's custody.  Due to the expense we were never able to put together the funds to move forward with the formal adoption.  Apparently the social workers worked quickly on these notifications.  As things were busy, I was unable to complete the game of tag with the lawyer, so I have to hope I bring everything I need to the hearing.

Two and a half days of frantic and stressful activity later, I walk into the court building trailing a rolling file box full of every scrap of documentation I can find relating to my step-daughter and my wife's custody of her. After three hours of waiting, we spend 5 minutes in the courtroom to be told "Our condolences, no changes, come back in three weeks." Was this trip really necessary?

No comments:

Post a Comment