Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Herman Cain fuss...

I see news articles all over about Herman Cain and his apparent sexual escapades in the past.  As posted by other bloggers, this seems remniscent of Clarence Thomas.  Looking at the accusations, I see no criminal complaints and a number of people who were happy to accuse and take payment to shut up.  Which they then failed to do.  The latest is stating that he had a 13 year relationship with her and she knew that he was married.  A paragon of honesty and trust.  Today one of my co-worked asked me if I thought he actually committed these indiscretions.  My answer was, much like when Gary Conduit was under the gun, do I care?  Really, if a politician cannot keep his zipper shut, that is an issue between them and their spouse.  What concerns me is, can he do the job? 

While I can't say that I agree with his entire platform as presented so far, he has several things in his favor.  First, he has a college degree in math.  That in itself is enough to put him head and shoulders above the pack when reviewing our current government fiscal situation.  Second, he has proved that he can successfully run a large corporation, which in reality is what our government has become.  Third, if he can pull off all of the afermentioned sexual shenanegans and still have time to run a major coporation successfully, he should be able to do far more in office than Bill Clinton was ever able to with the interns on his presidential staff...

No comments:

Post a Comment