Monday, April 16, 2012

Easy to remember...

Like most men, I have a hard time remembering certain dates.  Most birthdays slip by me unnoticed, including mine, except for my wife's which is very close to Valentine's day.  My parent's birthdays, my siblings birthdays and even my daughter's birthday require a nudge from my wife.  Birthday gifts for others are often as much a surprise to me as they are to the recipient.  Of course, most guys know certain dates off the top of their heads.  First day of Deer Season?  Check.  Start of the NHL Regular season?  Check.  Mom's birthday?  Ummmm......

If you have a hard time remembering date that are important to your spouse, some can be strategically planned so that you cannot forget them.  While children's birthdays are hard to do (and I question the sanity of people who can plan that...) other dates are not.  For instance, My wedding anniversary falls on April 15, which means that as long as I am a tax paying citizen of the United States, I will never forget my wedding anniversary.  Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment