Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I spat in the wind...

And felt the bitter sting.  I generally followed the plan, voting No and against the incumbent with few exceptions.  Unfortunately I live in the south SF Bay Area, an area so politically blue that I wonder why republicans run at all sometimes. 

In addition to new taxes being passed, and the country voting for four more years of Obama hoping to redistribute what little change I have left in my pocket, the city of San Jose decided to make the minimum wage $10 within it's borders.  Entertainingly, I am sure that many of the people who voted for this will be shocked when, not only are new jobs not forthcoming in the San Jose borders, but current jobs are lost because businesses have to make up that shortfall somewhere. We'll see how much of a boon this is for the surrounding cities when businesses start moving there, or as more new business start there. 

But, the even more frightening news was that the democrats apparently now own both houses of the state capitol.  So now we have the party with the fiscal responsibility of a 16 year old with a new credit card in full control of the budget.  I can hear the cries now of "for the children" as they put gobs of new programs into place with no financial ability to pay for them.  This oughta be great.  I have got to move...

No comments:

Post a Comment