Monday, October 14, 2013

My Brain Hurts...

I caught a headline that I had to follow today at lunch.  It seems that a blogger has her knickers in a twist because she feels that the song "Royals" by Lorde is racist.  First reading about the backlash experienced by this blogger, I foolishly followed the link to the original post.  Oh hell.  I've been under the weather and was not ready to intake that level of stupidity.  A quick scan of the comments shows that many other people were not ready either.  The general fisking that this woman received in the comments was well thought out in general, as opposed to the blog entry itself.

For amusement, I went ahead and clicked on her profile link to see what kind of fool would make this idiotic argument.  Ah, yes, a woman looking less Hispanic than George Zimmerman commenting on race relations.  Excellent.  I do give her credit on attaining a Masters degree in Sexuality and Health, a degree that does not actually make her a medical expert but is slightly above the one in basket weaving and ping-pong.  However, I don't see that as making her an expert on race relations.

Still, I went ahead and read her follow up entry, where she admits that the blog post "blew up".  She left out the "in my face" part, but most can fill that part in on their own.  Unfortunately, she then tries to justify her earlier post.  One should realize when one has reached rock bottom, but she just pulls out the blasting caps and digs for gold.  Too bad she's in a tin mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment