Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Observations...

I've been in Oklahoma for almost a week.  The last time my company sent me out here, it was one week extended into two and the work days were 12 hours the whole time.  Not much time for sightseeing or cruising the local food scene.  I am back out for another stint, initially short and then extended by an additional week.  I am generally not working 12 hour shifts, so I have been able to get to some great BBQ places, as well as an unexpected NHL exhibition game.  The people have been very nice everywhere I have gone and the roads are a dream to drive in comparison to the Bay Area.

However, as there is always one in very crowd, I finally ran into the asshole driver that lives in every area.  Lane markers mean nothing to him, painted islands do not apply and when his phone's mapping program leads him wrong, he decides that it is OK for him to go straight when sitting in a left turn lane, causing the people behind him to miss the turn light and cutting off the people going straight, nearly causing an accident in the process.  All this in happened in about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile.  The thing that struck me was that he was driving a Prius.  Does the sense of entitlement actually come with the car, or does it just attract that type of person?

No comments:

Post a Comment