Saturday, February 7, 2015

Small steps...

I survived the holidays.  I generally lost my protest against my write up at work, the notification coming on the last day of work before the holiday.  Merry Christmas, we don't care about your family.  Now I get to sit through weekly meetings with a man who is no longer my direct manager and smile while he shows how he has diagrammed my performance.  In fact, I got to sit in one of those meetings this past week on my wife's birthday.  Its getting harder and harder to be polite during these meetings.

So today, I decided I had to get out of the house.  I find myself staring at the walls on the weekends far too often lately.  I packed up my pistols and a box of ammunition for each and headed to the range.  Its the first time I have been able to get to the range in over a year.  I wanted to put a few magazines through each pistol and test all of the new magazines for the 1911.



I found out two things.  First, some of my .22 ammo is aging poorly.  I had a magazine with seven out of 10 failure to fires.  I believe that was the last of my wife's ammo during her last range day 4 or 5 years ago.  I bought more, but I really had to think twice, since I am not used to paying $50 for 500 rounds of .22 for any reason.

Second, I need to get to the range more often.  All of my shots hit the paper, but there were a few close calls.  I am assured that I can hit the broad side of a barn, but only if its a big one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment