Monday, November 12, 2018

Where did the time go?

Time passes and some things get pushed from "I'll do it tomorrow" to "Where the hell did the last year go?"

I spent six months of the last year and a half working for TDCJ.  12 hour shifts working Texas Death Row.  Not a job for everyone, as my cardiologist pointed out after an ambulance ride to the cardiac unit in the middle of a shift.  It was definitely an experience and I give all respect to the people still doing it. 

Still, a job in IT appeared out of the blue near me and I have to say, things generally could not be better.  Good pay, great people to work with/for, and I really do enjoy my job.  I missed IT work.  Amusingly, a co-worker who joined four months after I did also came from TDCJ.  Apparently that's common around here.  Overall, I am learning new things, sharpening old skills and looking forward to the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment