Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I see how he got elected...

I was flipping through the channels last night before going to bed and stopped on a channel that sucked me in like a fishing show.  I really didn't want to watch, but I couldn't avoid the spectacle.  President Obama was in the Tonight Show and I simply had to stop.  Jay Leno was pitching up slow underhands like a third grade softball pitcher and Obama was swinging for the fences.  I was mesmerised.  I am always amazed by his public speaking skill and I imagne after his time in the Whitehouse he will make a killing on the public speaking curcuit.  I see why he got elected. 

On the other hand, having read the news and actually looked into many of the things that were discussed, I also know that what I was seeing was carefully orchestrated.  It was just another stop on his "not a campaign" trail.  Lots of blaming the republicans for failing to approve his legislation.  Of course, he conveniently glosses over the math.  I was entertained by one comment.  He said that the politicians have to stop thinking only about the next election and start thinking about the future for our children.  That is entertaining, since those of us that can do math have seen him put our grandchildren in debt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment