Monday, October 10, 2011

Gov. Moonbeam inspires me...

He inspires me to move to another state.  Almost any other state. (Massachusetts, NJ and NY being huge on the exception list.)

Jerry Brown is getting into his stride.  Since his election I have been waiting for his participation in the useless exercises that originate from LA, usually with a democrat behind it.  He seemed to be worrying about the important things, like the budget, but I was sure that he would start signing worthless legislation sooner or later. 

Now, I hold allegiance to no party, I find most of them to be stupid.  I vote for the person who I feel will do the best job.  Unfortunately, that usually ends up being translated to a vote for the one who will do the least amount of damage.  While I did vote, I did not vote for him because I have already seen him in action. 

So this week Jerry, has decided to sign two bills into law concerning firearms.  Now, neither of these laws will do a thing to prevent crime.  Nor will they do anything to assist with the prosecution of criminals.  Criminal generally as a rule do not openly carry firearms due to their lack of interest in law enforcement interaction, so I doubt that the ban on open carry (AB 144) will do anything to enhance safety.  It will allow petty law enforcement officials to harass people that they don't like who own firearms, but that argument will have to wait until cases start hitting the courts.  And I feel that they will.  Since the state is not a "Shall Issue" state for CCW, I am sure that this one will be fought in court for some reason shortly.

AB 809 is another item that is a solution without a problem.  Are untraceable rifles and shotguns a problem for law enforcement right now?  Has it ever been a problem?  No, and it plays right into the argument from the gun rights advocates about registration being the first step towards confiscation.  What it means right now is that I will refrain from purchasing the long guns that I wanted to purchase until I either find the legal way around this requirement or (more likely) I move out of this continually sinking state of suck and fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment