Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Occupy... parks and um...stuff...

I have been watching the new reports about the Occupy <your city here> people and am amazed how they don't represent me but claim to.  Their claim of 99% is interesting, because I have yet to meet anyone who believes that they are included in that percentage.  Maybe its because all the people I know have jobs, so they can't be onsite at the rally to drink the cool-aide.

The protesters appear to be all of the same people who rallied to the president's cry for Obamacare (which raised my familie's rates drastically) but didn't actually research the bill or do the math.  Generally, all I have seen and read about are a bunch of people who have little grasp of math, no knowlege of history and a general dream of living their dream of protesting like its 1969.  While I am sure that there are some sincere people with actual college degrees in something other than liberal arts and political science participating, I have not seen any of them speaking publicly. Nor have the demands from the speakers that are available even vaguely based in reality.  One would think that they would be requesting reform in the area of compensation at large corporations, since that tends to be a driving factor in the "greed" that they claim is evil.  Mmm, not so much.  They want free money, free healthcare, complete elimination of fossil fuel use, free homes, a chicken in every pot and I believe there was mention of a pear tree and some birds in it.  These people do not represent 99% of us, however, the rest of us are too busy working to get on over to our local protest to correct them.

Now I see that a new movement is starting, the "I am the 53%" crowd.  These are people who are applying actual research and math completed by non-partisan researchers and are tired of some hippie wanting free everything claiming to represent them.  They have the audacity of paying their bills, too.  This has resulted in immediate calls of "racist, tea party whackjobs paid for by big business".  Funny, I have yet to see them crapping on cop cars, trashing public parks, engaging in violent clashes with police or even threatening violence.  I guess that happens when you decide that a job (even a fast food job) is better than unemployment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment