Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wait, you need money to do that?

Ah, the great irony unfolds.  Occupy Wall Street is now having funding issues.  I note that they have a documented corporate structure and I am willing to bet are using a bank to hold the dwindling supply of money that they have had donated.  They also have noted a downturn in free food and ice cream delivered to the protests.  I'm sure the banks are to blame.

Anyway, they have had to institute a partial spending freeze.  (I know that somewhere there is a union rep that is trying to figure out how to protest this freeze and turn it into an opportunity to unionize the protestors.)  But as I look at the items described, I am entertained to see the kind of spending that they justified.  $3000 in supplies for puppets.  $2500 on tea, herbs and likely a very spiffy teapot.  They have had to endure such "hardships" while protesting as opposed to those in the past who had possibly a bit more difficult time of it.

Yea, we're taking you seriously.  Honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment