Monday, April 15, 2013

The year has not started well...

The new year has not started well by any stretch.  I received diabetes for Christmas, although really that is my fault.  I don't get enough exercise, and while my diet isn't horrible, it isn't great when mixed with just sitting on my ass.  I have no one to blame but myself.

Then some close friends were notified that the house they were renting went into foreclosure and they got a 60 day notice.  Feeling bad for them, we immediately offered to assist.  Less than a week later, we found out that the house we were renting was being sold, and we got a 60 day notice.  Lovely.  In the middle of that time, I found out that I had unplanned 2 week business trip to Colorado.  Three weeks work in two weeks time later, I was back to complete the final push of the move from a three bedroom house into a two bedroom apartment.  And storage.  Lots of storage.  I didn't realize we owned that much crap.  Also, some friends, including those that had to move, assisted us with great effort, and I thank them heartily.  Some were not able to come but arranged for others to, who we now call friends as well.  And many, well they kept a low profile.  Sad, but I decided not to dwell.

Now I am exhausted.  My wife and daughter are broken, literally.  I will be selling a firearm to help pay for the move, which still  leaves a huge hole to fill.  We have been taking only what we need into the apartment, and still have too much there.  After that, we reduce the level of our belongings on a grand scale.  The next time I move, I want it to fit into one 17 foot box truck with room to spare.  Many things will go, some of which we have emotional attachment to.  But it will all have to go.  And maybe, after all of it is gone, we will be able to move somewhere that we own and can purchase outright.

No comments:

Post a Comment