Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas.

The last three months have not been great.  Several serious medical issues cost me four days in the hospital and over a month of recovery time unable to walk.  This ate up all of my remaining sick time, floating holidays and vacation time that was saved up for the holidays.  Several other family issues not medically related have also caused serious heartburn.  Finances, already tight, became tighter during this period as well.  As such, I get to work the holidays this year, including on call duty.  I am almost off crutches, but driving a stick shift is still a no go, so my wife has to drive me around.

So, while this is normally my favorite time of the year, this year we have not really decorated.  I have been so preoccupied with my personal issues (pain and mobility) that I forgot to get my wife's Christmas present ordered in time.  We have put a good face on the holiday as it sits, but really we are hoping for better next year.  Still, despite all of this, I do wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment