Thursday, December 5, 2013

You say this like its a bad thing...

A new report has shown that this congress has passed fewer laws than normal.  In fact, they are on pace to pass the fewest laws in 40 years.  Between a republican house and a democrat senate, nothing is getting to the president's desk.  Really, I don't see this as a bad thing.  I believe that they already pass too many laws and have no interest or incentive to review past legislation to see if it is working or still practical.  Part of the process should be to review and remove laws (and possibly departments) as well as passing new ones.  In light of that failing, I really have no issue with a congress that can't get anything done.  I expect that we will see a new government shutdown showdown in the new year, which will be great for the media, since they have grown tired of reporting on the failure that Obamacare is showing itself to be.  (Oh, wait, its the ACA, just like Pelosi has always called it, except when she wasn't...)  I'm sure they already have the graphics and dramatic music cues already in the can for the event.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment