Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What is important in life...

Tonight I plan to make time to turn on the TV and watch an important event.  I am told that the president will be making his state of the union address, wherein he plans to speak broadly about his grand plans for the upcoming year.  I am told that he will be announcing his intentions to use executive orders to go around congress, likely waste billions of dollars setting up programs that will haunt us for decades and almost certainly destroy the freedoms granted by that pesky Constitution thing that keeps getting in his way.  It will likely be a grand speech, with the teleprompters all aglow, the Democrats ready to hold up their new Zippo's as if Freebird were playing and the Republicans ready to boo and hiss at every opportunity.  However, I will not be watching this spectacle.

You see, I have Sherlock on the DVR.  That is far more important to me.  Oh, and a couple of Inspector Lewis episodes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment