Friday, November 12, 2010

Denair, almost ashamed I grew up there...

Sadly, Denair

I read about this yesterday and I couldn't comment. I was beside myself.  I grew up in Denair.  I went to that school.  I am utterly incensed that these school officials would have the gall to order an American flag taken down because of "racial tension".  I would think that this would be a wonderful time to educate the children on the meaning of the flag that represents the country in which they currently live.  They could educate the children on the sacrifices made by the members of our armed forces under and in defense of that flag.  What they have done is the lazy way out, one that is sadly taken far too often by school officials these days. 

I am proud of my Irish heritage.  I celebrate St. Patty's day like others with Irish blood.  However, I don't demand that everyone else give up the right to be proud of their country during that day or all of the days of the year.  If you live in America and think that your country of heritage or birth is so great that you must display that flag year round and complain when someone puts up an American flag in America, I suggest you scoot your happy ass back to that country, whatever it may be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment