Thursday, November 4, 2010

The McRib, a confession...

Everyone has a vice.  That thing that they have to have no matter how bad for them.  One of mine is the McRib.  Yes, it is horrible for me, possibly the environment, possibly for global warming.  Now, admittedly, the last one is enough for me to jump up and purchase one, but really it is not needed.  From my days of youth, when I was much lighter and in worlds better shape, I loved these things.  A bit of nostalgia from when I had a lot less responsibility and a lot more free time and money.  Oh, yea, and I could eat damn near anything and not gain weight due to a very active lifestyle.

So, while I am out looking for something to eat for lunch (having gnawed through the barbed wire and dodged the guards to escape the building for said lunch) What do my eyes spy while putting gas in my truck but the big banner on the McD's across the street proclaiming that "It's Back!"  Since I live in the SF bay area, this is not a regular occurrence.  After filling my truck I drove straight over to enjoy the processed pork heaven.  And it was.  Greasy, drowned in bbq sauce, with just the right amount of onions.  That and a large fry and I am on my way to a coronary. 

So what could make this lunch better?  As soon as I get back on the road I hear "Here I go again" by Whitesnake on my radio.  Just had to turn it up and sing off key all the way back to work.  As I turned my truck off, a thought struck me (rare, I know, but no actual injuries occurred).  Is it more frightening that I had to crank the volume and sing along, or that I still knew all the words?

No comments:

Post a Comment