Friday, November 12, 2010

An observation on Europe...

So I am reading an article on the UK government pushing a bill that would require a referendum on anything vaguely resembling the recently adopted Libson Treaty.  I was amused when that boondoggle was in process, watching the only country to vote on it turning it down.  The theater that went on afterward (Many in the EU calling the Irish silly for voting no and then demanding a second try) was all the more entertaining. 

I live in America, and I am very proud of it.  No, my government is not the best run, nor are the people of my nation always on the best of behavior.  We have 50 states and they are all important, even the ones I don't ever plan to visit.  However, I look at the EU, and I really have to wonder why so many in Europe are hell bent on reducing the relevance of their countries on the world stage to the equivalent of the state of Massachusetts?

No comments:

Post a Comment