Friday, September 13, 2013

Common Courtesy...

Dear Senior Director,

Since your administrative assistant and I responded to your request and arranged for the large meeting room, the presentation equipment, the web meeting with video and the catering, I don't think it is out of line to ask that you show up for your own meeting on time.  Especially since you were seen coming from the onsite gym.  I mean, I realize you only had two weeks to plan for your own meeting, but still better scheduling may need to be evaluated on your part.  And while we do appreciate that you showered before you showed up 10 minutes late to your own multi-national departmental meeting, I think you were a mite inconsiderate to spend another 10 minutes finishing your slide presentation.  Considering that the people in the UK stayed in the office until 9 pm for your meeting and those in Moscow were up at an ungodly hour to attend on a Friday, you may want to think about being late.  And to top it all off by belatedly realizing that your Mac Air has no native ability to use any of the cables or ports to allow it to project was simply brilliant.  Those adapter dongles that we bought for your computer were rightly left in their package at your home office.  Best place for them.

While I view it as my job to support these meetings properly by anticipating your every misstep and providing the technology to work around it at a moments notice, your employees deserve a little more consideration and respect than you showed.

Sincerely,

Irishdoh

PS:  Thanks for leaving the laptop and presentation mouse in an unattended meeting room after the meeting.  Really, I was just joking when I asked that it be returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment