Monday, September 9, 2013

From Russia with love...

As I had hoped, someone (the only one big enough) in the same geographical location has offered an alternative to the US being the world police again.  Russia has put forward a proposal that Syria hand over their chemical weapons to international oversight to prevent their use.  If this moves forward, I believe it is a good step in the right direction for both the people of Syria and the region as a whole.  I have to admit, I think that without President Obama's threat, the Russians would not have moved forward with a proposal.  I also think that they were waiting for the western nations to make threats of force so that they could play peacemaker.  Mr Putin is not a stupid man and I am sure this was weighed and planned.  And in reality, its great because it won't strain the US military or economy.

In other news, the media is still pissed that Zimmerman got off...

No comments:

Post a Comment