Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What the media should be concentrating on.

After shouting loudly about the AR15 that now it appears didn't exist, the media is somewhat flailing to find the point that they lost regarding the Naval Yard shooter.  It now appears that he followed Joe Biden's advice and brought a shotgun and used that item to gain more weapons from onsite security.  Now they are somewhat lost since the evil black rifle was only present with law enforcement responding to the site.  I am impressed that the Anti-Gun Lobby has not already been dancing in the blood, but I am willing to bet that recent losses on that battlefront have taught them to tread carefully.  They will be out, have no illusions.

What has been mentioned and will hopefully get more prominence is the fact that this person actually shot out the tires of someone's vehicle in 2004 and is still eligible to purchase firearms.  I'm pretty sure if I shot out someones tires in my jurisdiction, I would have seen jail time and the loss of all of my firearms along with the right to get new ones.  In fact, with that item on my record, I doubt that I would have qualified to join the military as he did after that incident.  With all of the laws in place, how did this happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment